To be able to work anywhere in the UAE, you need to have a work permit issued by the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MOHRE).
The work permit can be issued for a wife on her husband’s sponsorship, as well as a husband on a wife’s sponsorship. If a woman, over the age of 18 is under the sponsorship of her father, she is also eligible to work legally and a work permit can be applied for.
1. A No Objection Certificate (NOC) from your sponsor (husband/father)
2. Copy of your passport and visa page, valid for at least six months.
3. Copy of your sponsor’s passport and visa page, valid for at least six months.
4. Passport-sized colour photograph with a white background.
5. Academic qualification copy if the designation is a skilled profession.
6. For specialised professions like doctors, engineers, nurses or teachers, an approval letter issued by the competent authority is required.
7. Your Emirates ID.
Steps to follow
The company’s public relations officer (PRO) will submit online application through Tas’heel centre or they can apply through their own MOHRE User ID.
The work permit is usually issued within two to three working days.
A company may apply for a short-term, temporary work permit, which is valid for six months; or a long-term work permit, which is valid for one or two years.
When the duration of the work permit is over, the work permit is automatically cancelled. If the employee wishes to continue working, a new work permit would need to be applied for.
Fee for two years work permit: Dh699 (Dh133 for initial approval + Dh83 for contract submission + Dh483 for Work Permit).
Husband sponsored by wife also can apply for work permit following the procedures mentioned above.
To prepare your visa applications, call:
Qusais (Al Nahda-2) Near Zulekha Hospital: 04-239 1302, 055 273 2295, 055-345 7829
Qusais (Al Nahda-2) Behind NMC Hospital: 056 8614786
Bur Dubai: 04-252 22 22, 055-9105757
Hor Al Anz: (Deira): 04-265 8373, 050-715 0562
Qusais (Damascus St): 04-258 6727, 054-300 5931
Read more articles on kabayan classifieds apps.
sc: visa process